Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Bar-Bri

The big bad bar review class started today. "Bar-Bri" probably stands for something but I'm too burned out to know or care what it is. It covers every aspect of the Texas Bar Exam (unlike PMBR, which covers only the multistate portion). We had to go to the Bar-Bri offices downtown to pick up a box of books (42 lbs, no lie). Then we went to a Shriner's temple for the class. (Why not distribute the materials at the place where the class is held? Customer service, people!) I think I still have a fez; maybe I'lll wear it tomorrow for extra credit.

The instructor kept things lively and held our attention well considering the dryness of the subject matter (contract formation, acceptance, revocation, etc). This class will be my life for the next 6 weeks or so.

6 Comments:

At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Wearing your fez for extra credit) BRILLIANT! Lol :)

 
At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The previous comment was scripted by me, Yusuf. There, that should cover it. Oh, did I type that out loud?

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The property guy was really good. I can't remember his name, but I had him in 2000 for the Illinois bar and again in 2003 for the Alaska bar. I think the Con Law guy was pretty good as well. What subjects does Texas make you take? In Illinois, the essay didn't overlap with the multi-state topics, so thankfully we didn't need to learn two different laws. Alaska did overlap, so that was hard, trying to think okay, essay Alaska con law, multistate, generic con law.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger John said...

So far the only overlap they mentioned is with regard to contracts. There's the MBE contracts, and then a Texas essay on either Article 2 or 2A.

Texas tests on Oil & Gas! :-P

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger John said...

They didn't? I'm surprised too!

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home