Sunday, October 01, 2006

End of Law Review

About 10 minutes ago I finished a major overhaul of the Law Review manual. Hopefully now it is more concise, orderly, and streamlined. This is significant because I am now over the number of hours I am required to work as an associate editor. My paper is going to the printers, and I have finished my obligations as an associate editor. Therefore, I'm done with Law Review. This is the first phase of closure I have reached as I progress towards finishing up. I guess the next milestone will be my Family Law exam in December.

Was Law Review worth it? Worth all the source gathering, cite checking, Member on Duty hours, etc? I'm happy that my paper is being published. But so far being on Law Review has not helped me AT ALL in obtaining any meaningful job offers. And ultimately, that's why people do it, right? So I guess it wasn't worth it. I suppose I'll come back to this and reassess after I start working somewhere. But emotionally? Let's just say I've already moved on.

3 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! No more Law Review!

Nora

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger John said...

Ha! Instead I get the "Why didn't you do mock trial?" questions.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger John said...

Yeah, they either want moot court or mock trial. Nevermind if you took an actual class for credit like pre-trial lit or trial ad that covered the same thing... that doesn't count, somehow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home