Saturday, December 09, 2006

Finals

Finals have been keeping me pretty preoccupied the past couple of weeks. Family Law and Secured Transactions are out of the way, and my last exam is Thursday night. As I explain to people who ask me if I'm excited about being finished with law school, I have to say not really, because I still have the bar exam in late February, and in all honesty that's the only final exam that counts. So in a sense I'm not finished with law school, just finished with Phase I. Phase II is studying for the bar and involves more classes and a reaaaly long final. (Messed up, huh)?

2 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger John said...

The Texas bar is three days. There's the multistate, 12 essay questions on Texas law, and a practical exercise like an opinion or a memo. And as far as taking the February bar, I hadn't considering them assuming that. I guess I'll just try to point out I graduated in December instead of May!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger John said...

I hate it when it's obvious they're not listening.

I had a friend who didn't show up to her interview and she still got a letter saying thanks for interviewing with us, we were impressed with you, but we don't have anything for you right now. WHATEVER!

I went on an intervew once and all we talked about was how my resume didn't read like a traditional student's resume and he didn't think I would be a good fit. (Then why did you invite me to come around for an interview?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home