Thursday, October 26, 2006

CLEs and Such

Sorry it's been so long. I have been very busy with school and work--even though I'm only working part-time now while I finish law school it seems like I have less free time than I did before. And my, how the country's changed in the last couple of weeks! Bush is planning a Berlin Wall and he's done away with habeas corpus! It's pretty hard to believe more people aren't talking about this. This topic hasn't come up since, what, 1862?

Attorneys have to take Continuing Legal Education (CLE) courses. On Saturday I attended my first CLE course--even though I'm not licensed yet, I have a year to turn it in and once I get my license I can turn it in for credit. I'm attending another one tomorrow. Based on the one I took, they're similar to defensive driving, except there's no test at the end. You just sit there for the designated time and listen to the speakers address whatever issues they have. Still, it was new and different enough that I'm looking forward to tomorrow's class.

2 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted for Bush, but I am also concerned about loseing my bill of rights to protect his agenda. Sorry, he is no smarter than me and I seriously doubt that I could lead this country in the direction it needs to go in. First of all, there are too many liberals trying to give the country away and second, there are too many on both sides of the political field willing to do anything to get the vote. Even with what I would consider a better agenda, which he obviously does not have, Bush would have hell making things right. I fear for my country and the future of my grandchildren. What happened to co-operation, common sense, ethics, and self control?

I'll answer that. They have been replaced with policically correctness, greed, no ethics, and self control is no longer a thing to be considered.

And lastly, there is our great media. Twisting and spinning things to make a story reguardless of how much it deviates from the truth or how much it damages people and our country as long as it sells news to folks that can't think for themselves.

I thinks that just about covers it. Old Billy was right, he just left out politicians and the news media.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Jim said...

The unitary executive can do as he sees fit. Checks and balances, habeus corpus, these are archaic concepts that get in the way of his protecting us.Why don't I feel safe at all with him as "The Decider" for the free world ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home