Monday, August 28, 2006

Deja Vu

As my readers know, my former employer let me go after 10.5 years so that they could give the job to a buddy of the General Manager. Turns out that Wonder Boy doesn't know everything, and they asked me to come back as a contractor from time to time (to be paid at contractor rates). Well, the offer was sweet enough that I took them up on it and this week I am not a law student -- I'm an instructor again. I'm maximizing my time by working a double-shift -- day and night classes for a week. Contractor work isn't steady pay but it's good pay and this week alone will keep me afloat a couple more months.

Is it weird being back here? Just a little... but everyone was glad to see me so it's been OK. If I hadn't been pushed out I wouldn't have ended up interning at the federal court (which I'm hoping will look good on the ol' resume). So I'm philosophical about it.

3 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Good things come to those that deserve it!
Hang in there. You are really burning that candle at both ends. Don't over-do it!
With much support,
Your Brother-

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger John said...

Thanks! Don't overdo it? Heh. I think we're past that point....

 
At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know. I felt funny writing that after the fact. Oh well.
;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home