Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Federal Intern Day 2

Today I finished up the assignment they gave me yesterday. The clerk seemed surprised that I was finished with it as quickly as I was. I didn't think two days was really that quick, but OK. She said she would look over it and get back to me next week. Hope she likes it because if I'm going to be applying for a clerkship that will be the only writing sample they'll have seen.

This week I need to get a letter of recommendation from the Firm and finish updating my cover letter & resume. I'm stressing about applying for a clerkship. I found out it's a TWO year commitment in most cases, not just one. But I don't have much time to think and rethink about it. Labor Day is coming up fast!

Today they took me with them to lunch. It was $10, so next time maybe I'll stick to the grilled cheese... :-P

3 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Maybe you're too good,John. They want you to slow down so that you don't make the rest look bad.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger John said...

Ha! There's a thought! Actually it's still quiet on the western front. No other interns. They are mostly coming on Thursday and Friday. I won't be there those days, so it's like I'm the only one.

Did you start school yet?

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger John said...

Well, if I was getting paid I'd probably slow it down. But I'm trying to impress people right now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home