Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Law Clerk Day 17

Nothing much to report... I am still drafting documents and doing research. I'm not too happy with the office assistants. Today I needed a stamp and was asking them where I could buy a stamp. Now you know they have stamps. They should give me one. Or sell me one, I don't care. Nope. "I think there's a post office down the road." OK, I see now how it is! So I drove around until I found a place that sold stamps. Just as well; they also did passport photos and I needed one to apply for the bar exam. Still. They better never need anything from me. (They won't, but I still hope they do, so I can send them down the road!)

Since I now have the required photo, I downloaded a program to apply for the February 2007 bar exam. The Texas Board of Law Examiners has a program that lets you type answers into a form. That sounds very progressive but then you still have to print out the form and mail it in along with the diskette (If you work for the BLE and you're reading this, I have a suggestion for you: it's called E-FILING!). I started filling out the form. "HAVE YOU BEEN TERMINATED, SUSPENDED, DISCIPLINED, OR PERMITTED TO RESIGN IN LIEU OF TERMINATION FROM ANY JOB?" Um...yeah...about that... I explained the whole thing and also put down the general manager's phone number. I can only hope they call him and ask him if it's true and he's really that big of an ass. (They won't, but I still hope they do, and I hope I get to hear about it later!)

1 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walk in there with a variety of breakfast tacos, offer tacos to everyone BUT them, and when they come sniffing around - and you know they will - send them packing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home