Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Pink Eye

Yep. The scourge of elementary school. And I have it. I got on-line to look into home remedies and I found out some people who get pink eye feel compelled to take pictures of their red, swollen, oozing eye so that they can show everyone. I'm not going to do that. What I am going to do is take my uninsured pink eye the doctor's office at 10:00 and wait around for a half hour for them to say "Yes, you have pink eye; here's a prescription and a bill for $50."

Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is up the road and I just called them. They ask me which doctors I normally see there. I don't normally go at all, but one of the doctor's names I remembered was Dr. Paliwala. It's a fun name to say. "Pollywalla." Unfortunately she got married, I found out today, and now she's Dr. Yakoob. That's not nearly as sonorous. "Yakoob" is bothersome because the "Y" is at the beginning and the "B" at the tail end. It looks like it's going to be some other word spelled backwards. And I guess it is: it's bouquet, only misspelled. It doesn't matter; I'm not going to see bookaY .rD anyway.

I have 3.5 hours to kill so I guess I'll go back to sleep....

3 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink eye, yuck! :-(

Pollywalla, Pollywalla, Pollywalla! Yes, fun name to say.

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pollywalla doodle all day!
http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/polly.htm

(I know, I know -- I couldn't help myself!)

So sorry about the pinkeye! That's a real bummer!!

Mom

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger John said...

LOL. I don't think it can come through the keyboard. It cost me $79 for the doctor to tell me I'm right; I have pink eye!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home