Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Law Clerk Day 3

Sushi today! Glad I can use chopsticks because there was no silverware! They have me writing motions, and I was going to attend a client conference but it got cancelled. Mostly I sit in a small room with no windows and a big stack of briefs. Once in a while someone comes in--it's never to chat me up or gossip. It's always to drop off something they want me to work on when I have a minute.

I wrote earlier that I had scheduled an appointment/interview for Wednesday. I didn't go. I called the contact guy and he explained what the job was and how it involved travel. I can't travel because of law school. BUT we talked about alternatives. I explained what I had been doing for the past ten years and he got excited about some new program they've been thinking about implementing (and by program I mean business system, not application software). So I'm supposed to meet with him and the CEO next Wednesday. I told him I had a Friday interview as well, and he begged me not to do anything until I talked to them. So we'll see.

It's funny how small the IT training market is. Six degrees of separation? In this business it's more like two. I can call up any training center in the city, and we may not have met but we know the same people. In that respect, I suppose I'm well positioned. I'll know more Friday. And more Wednesday. In the meantime, I'm supposed to be reading for the Bankruptcy class right now. If I don't get busy, I may find that class all too practical! :-P

1 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny.

nora

 

Post a Comment

<< Home