Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Law Clerk Day 2

Today was much less interesting. They didn't buy me lunch. Being unemployed, as I am, I ate a Snicker bar for lunch, with two donuts in the afternoon. I've gone from "welcome aboard" mode to slave mode. Ha! I wrote a motion for sanctions. That was kinda fun. After lunch they brought in a community rum cake and ate it all! Didn't even save me a piece... grumble.

I tried to access a law-related web site and the Internet filter they have blocked me because it thought I was going to an adult site; AND IT REPORTED ME. I know this because the partner forwarded me an email saying "Here's what you were trying to read." The Internet filter had emailed him and told him what site I was trying to access. I'm just glad it wasn't something embarassing. Not that I would do that while I was supposed to be working....

After that was Bankruptcy class. I somehow have to find the time to catch up on the reading.

Tomorrow at lunch there's a career opportunity meeting at a competitor to my former employer. I'm going to try to make it there and talk to them. I have another one of those lined up for Friday.

4 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least it's giving you something to write about. I don't remember you ever writing two days in a row.

Time to pack a lunch. Yes, sandwiches get boring, but they're cheap. Anyway, good luck tomorrow.

Nora

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snickers bar, donuts, missed rum cake: brain food? I agree with Nora, pack a lunch. Sliced turkey sandwich with lettuce, an apple, and a bananna will be much more filling and maintaining you for the day. You should have an extra sandwich to eat while driving to you class.:)

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I eat 4 or 5 of those Special K Rice Crispy bars and I get by. Keep a box of Little Debbies in the car for the drive, and stay away from apples. They just make you more hungry sooner. Plus they're bad for you...
On a more serious note: You're gonna be successful- because you are doing the things others aren't willing to do.
Abu'PrincessPeppers'

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger John said...

Rice Krispy treats! Those are good. I used to get bread pudding for $1.75 at the cafeteria at work. I think I'll miss that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home