Saturday, May 05, 2007

I passed!

The Texas Bar Exam results were posted around 1:00 pm on Thursday, May 3. They post a list of passing exam takers on their web site. They don't post the fail list, but if your name's not on the pass list, well, then, you know. Results were due out Friday, but sometimes the list is published early. I had spent all day Wednesday and Thursday morning checking the site. Sometimes I would get obsessive and press F5 a dozen times, refreshing the page. I suspect a lot of other people did the same thing because the hit counter went crazy. I was attending a class that day and paying much more attention to the web site than I was to what the instructor was saying. We took a break for lunch and after some really good (and free) pizza, I checked again and the link to the pass list was up.

After the list came up, I jumped up and went outside to call everyone and let them know. People keep asking me how much I passed by, and I don't know. The pass list is just that--a pass list. Scores come in the mail sometime later. Someone sent me a contratulations text message, but I didn't know the number. So I wrote back a "Thanks!"

5 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Congrats, again!

Nora

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having this "tidbit" of info will make walking across the stage all the sweeter! :)
Of course I never doubted that you passed, but we're all glad it's been officially confirmed! And now for the grade... :)
Congratulations for an outstanding accomplishment!
Mom

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! They actually give you your score? That is kind of scary.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger A Girl From Texas said...

Wow, that's fantastic. Congratulations!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger John said...

Thanks, all! Yes, Amy, they give us a score. Actually they give us two scores. The multistate, and the oevrall score. But they don't tell you what percentile you fall in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home