Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Bar Exam, Day 2

Today we had the Multistate Performance Test--the same one taken by almost every wannabe-lawyer in the country. It's a grueling 200-question monster of an exam. And while PMBR and Bar-Bri try to prepare you, it honestly doesn't matter how many practice questions you do. Ultimately, there will be some you think you got right, some you think you got wrong, and a lot where you just don't know.

I finished both the morning and afternoon sessions with 30 minutes to spare, so I had time to go back over some questions here are there. Changed a couple. I had lunch with a couple of other examinees and they said they were close to panicked about the morning exam, but I honestly didn't feel that way. Not that I think I aced it. They way they write the questions, so many of them can be misleading. Anyway, I'm putting it behind me and turning to my last-minute study notes on essay topics. There are 12 essays in all. You get six essays in the morning and three hours to complete them. That's 30 minutes per question. The day will fly by.

2 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those multistate questions are misleading. My uncle grades the California bar exam, and through the years he worked his way up the grading ranks. I don't know if he still does it anymore, but at one point a few years ago he was on the national committee that would review the multistate questions after the test. If it showed that a lot of people were getting a question wrong, he'd review it and if he decided the question was misleading or whatever, he could toss it out.

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Took the same MBE today, different state. Not less than three times did I look down and realize my question number did not match the bubble sheet. Fortunately, I only had to go back two or three questions to find my error. Crisis Averted.

Good Luck on Day 3!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home