Saturday, March 04, 2006

Browsing problem fixed!

In case anyone out there is experiencing the same problems:
  • Open up My Computer and all you get is a stupid flashlight
  • Type a URL into IE Address bar and the page loads very slowly. Type it in through Google and it comes up faster
  • Logon is slower lately
I have an HP OfficeJet printer and this morning I loaded an update. BIG MISTAKE as all these problems started after that. Uninstalling the patch didn't seem to fix it, though in all fairness I didn't reboot yet. I ended up uninstalling all the HP software that came with the printer, including PhotoSmart, and rebooting. Presto! the problem went away. Only now how am I going to print?

Update: Reinstalling the HP drivers but disabling the startup services seems to have fixed it.

2 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all geek to me.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Do you have to use IE ? Firefox is so much better. So much so that the new version of IE is going to be very like Firefox.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home