Thursday, February 02, 2006

Cruel and Unusual?

I just read an article in the local paper about how the Supreme Court granted a stay of execution for Missouri inmate Michael Taylor. Taylor abducted and murdered a 15 year old girl in 1989. He pled guilty. Now he's claiming death by lethal injection is cruel and unusual, and they're going to delay executing him so they can discuss it. Hm. I wonder how he killed that girl. I wonder whether she had any chance to appeal the way she died. Taylor, who is black, also claims the system is biased against blacks. Hey, Taylor, you did it. It doesn't matter if you're black. You killed a girl and you should die. It isn't nearly enough to make up for what you did, but it's a start. You deserved death in 1989 and you still deserve it today! In fact, why are you still alive? I have no patience for criminals. I would work for the prosecutor's office if I thought I could make a decent living.

4 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree the man has no grounds to play the race card. It is clear he killed the girl. He said so... Nope! no grounds.... inject him.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Jim said...

John, I thought that this decision was most interesting because it was Samuel Alito's first in the SC, and he chose to differ from Thomas and Scalia. Is it a harbinger of independence to come, or simply a temporary sop to the left that will soon be abandoned ?

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Another comment on an extraneous issue - I like your take on blog spammers. I appreciate your efforts not so much to avoid them, but to fight back. Go get 'em ,John.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger John said...

I agree with you that Alito's decision was unexpected; I don't know yet whether he'll prove to be a truly independent thinker, but at least it shows he's not a total muppet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home