Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Spring 2006

For those of you who still are checking my meagre posts, here's an update:

I've finished a first draft of my law review article. It's turned in and I meet with the editor Monday to tell me what he thought about it. If it's good I get credit for the writing requirement. If its bad I have to fix it. I think it's pretty good, but hey, I wrote it.

I've now attended all new classes for this semester and tell you what's going on with them. One is huge, the others are so tiny that the curve is going to suck. Which is very bad for grades. It can mean there will be no As or maybe only one. Indexes are on a 10 point scale and subjective.

Business Organizations. This class is all about the law of partnerships, corporations, and limited liability entities.
Number of students: 99
Interest Index: 5
Class enthusiasm: 0
Professor looks like: Peewee Herman

Sales & Leasing. This class is all about the the business of sales and leases. Basically it's the Contracts class again.
Number of students: 9
Interest Index: 7
Class enthusiasm: 5
Professor looks like: Ted Knight

American Indian Law. Relationships of the federal, state, and tribal governments.
Number of students: 9
Interest Index: 9
Class enthusiasm: 9
Professor looks like: Jimmy Kimmel

4 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger John said...

I very much hate the curve and the whole system wherein your usefulness to a firm is measured by an arbitrary grade on a forced curve. It's the most closed-minded, idiotic system I can think of, yet all the firms I have talked to embrace it. I swear they would hire a member of al Qaida if he was in the top 10%.

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember, all things work together for those that - yeah, yeah, whatever. :-P

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Good luck, John. You'll do well. I can tell you've got the writing skills.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger John said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence! We'll know soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home