Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Two Thumbs Up

It's official--my paper is the "best so far" according to the two editors who have reviewed it for publishability. That means I have passed my substantial writing requirement for Law Review and have a decent shot at publication. Most of the changes they suggested were minor--a few uses of passive voice that could go, etc. The final draft version is due in a couple of weeks and is supposed to incorporate the changes they suggest. Because I passed both editors' review, I could just reprint and turn in the same paper. I'll still make the changes, of course. It would be nice to keep my status as "best so far."

I don't have the big head, though. Sitting here in the Law Review office, a 22 year old blonde in flipflops and a t-shirt has been talking about her two upcoming summer internships with prestigious firms. Her paper didn't pass the first go-round. Mine did. She has an internship. I don't. Go figure. Maybe it's 'cause I'm "middle aged!" (Damn that Chinese horoscope!)

3 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! But don't fret, maybe it's not being "middle aged" but instead you need blond hair and a T-shirt. lol
Mom

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If its a male attorney (or any male) doing the interviewing I'm not surprised by them offering it to a young (probably very perky & cute) 22 year old blondie over just another guy - and a middle aged guy at that. ;-)

Nora

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Best wishes, John. I knew you could excel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home