Monday, January 09, 2006

Astroworld Auction

This last weekend Astroworld was auctioning off a lot of signage and other collectibles, including a large windmill, an antique chandelier, and a wrecked Gotham City police car that "decorated" a Batman-themed rollercoaster. I went to the auction, figuring I would allow myself at most $100 for an Astroworld sign. I wasn't even in the ballpark. A two-foot square sign that said "Six Flags is not responsible for items left on dock" went for over $200, and large signs that said "You must be this tall to ride this ride" were going for $1,500 and up. Some of the signs were beat up, weathered by years in the sweltering Texas summer sun. I could not bring myself to pay $200 for a sign like that, so after a couple of hours, I left. It was still fun, though.

2 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what happened to the man who wanted to buy the old taxi car that he proposed to his wife in. I hope he had enough money to buy it.

Nora

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger John said...

Dunno; that was probably auctioned on Saturday and I wasn't there that day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home