Thursday, December 22, 2005

Habla Ud. leet?

Microsoft actually has an article on how to read and write 1337! (In case you don't know, that's not a number there, it's the word "leet" as in "elite"--a peculiar way of spelling supposedly adopted by teen computer nerds. I have seen articles on it in the past but I can't say I've ever seen anyone actually using it. But then, I haven't hung out in chat rooms in quite some time, and I don't text-message anyone in middle school, so what do I know? "ph34r my 1337 5xilz! |\|0\/\/ 1'm 4n 3xp3r7!" D16?

2 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please post translation. I get 'fear my leet skills.' THe rest is _something_ I'm an expert, _something_.

I'm officially too old to be cool.
:-(
Yusuf

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger John said...

"|\|0\/\/" is "Now" and "D16?" is "Dig?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home