Sunday, November 13, 2005

New Laptop

First, the wireless card went out. Then after a while, the CPU fan sputtered and died. I know this because the laptop suddenly got awfully quiet. So I ran a diagnostic test and here's what I found:

Yikes! For the processor I had, 65 degrees celsius is knocking at the meltdown stage. I checked into replacing the fan and was quoted minimum prices of $250 just to mail it off to the factory. For two weeks. I found one local guy who said he could look at it but it would cost $300 just to open the case and he wouldn't guarantee me any results. I imagined my machine bluescreening during an exam as the processor fried. Grr. So I went to Best Buy, whipped out a credit card... well, you can guess the rest.

7 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't fret, you did the right thing. You needed a new one laptop anyway.

Nora

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about madrid hotel discount. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on madrid hotel discount and it brought me to your blog on New Laptop. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog John and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I may snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger John said...

Hi, discount branson hotel... or should I say Scott Magill! Since you don't mind spamming my blog with your savings-on-hotels site, I guess you won't mind me posting your personal contact info on the Internet! I see you finally bought that house back in July 2003. $369,900??? You got ripped off, dude. What did Melissa Hollander say about it? Is your number (508)381-3026 or 498-3501? Are you still working at EMC? Say, I want to send you a postcard. Is your address still 96 Providence Road, Mendon, Massachusetts 01756? And is your email still smagill@emc.com?

Anyway, later dude! I hope this is the kind of exposure you were looking for! :-)

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you did that! lol Too bad he probably won't come back to see it.

nora

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's another email for Scott: smagill@gmail.com

hehe

Krystyn

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

How did you ID the spammer? This brings me endless joy!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger John said...

I'm glad. I put up a new post that reveals my technique. :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home