Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Batten down the hatches!

Hurricane EmilyToday our supervisors dismissed us early because of the coming storm. Hurricane Emily is swirling into Mexico and south Texas is going to catch the northern edge of it. Of course the northern side of a westboud hurricane is the strongest side. Those big green bands you see in front of Emily are headed right for Corpus. I hurried back to my apartment and parked on the highest spot I could find just as a burst of rain and hail came down on me and soaked me through. I got inside the apartment and changed. Now the sun's out. Go figure. Texas weather is as capricious in Corpus Christi as it is in Houston.

It could be a lot worse--the roommate of one of my co-interns had to go to McAllen early this morning. I wouldn't want to be him right now.

1 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to add two very necessary items to your emergency flood kit: a poncho and some Depends. hee hee! :-P

Nora

 

Post a Comment

<< Home