Monday, July 11, 2005

Locked in!

OK, here's what happens if you stay at the Court of Appeals after 10:00 PM: they lock the doors. They set the alarm. And then they leave. At the bottom of the elevator lobby there are some locked glass doors on a timer. If I touch them an alarm sounds. There are a few back-door exits. They're labelled "Emergency Exit Only. Alarm will sound." I found one night watchmen. He's on the other side of the glass. He can't let me out but he took my name down. Heh. He called the sheriff's department next door. They don't have a key either. So I'm sleeping on the couch in my office. Tomorrow will be interesting.

3 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're all going to walk in tomorrow morning and revel in how dedicated an intern you are.

Nora

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonder if this time will count towards your total hours required? Maybe you can now finish early!
At least events are - uh -interesting!
SS
Do they have food in there?

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger John said...

Ha! No; they're gonna think I'm a weirdo wearing the same clothes as yesterday.

There's a kitchen but I didn't bother looking for food. Wasn't hungry anyway. Turns out the couch was pretty comfortable. My only complaint, really, is that I was a little cold. Somewhere down a few floors is the local jail--I thought about going down there to see if they had an extra bed. But I found a thin throw blanket in an open office and committed a conversion of chattels, so I got by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home