Thursday, December 16, 2004

Singing Christmas Tree

It just wouldn't seem like the Christmas season without some traditional carols and music. Second Baptist its putting on a Classic Car Show with a parade of antique cars and a singing Christmas tree. Nora talked me into going along and--except for the arctic weather--I enjoyed the show.

We arrived shortly after 7:00. They weren't charging admission but to enter you had to pass a registration booth. Two smiling Baptists greeted us in the Lord and handed me a form with space for contact information. Fortunately, the form didn't say to put my name and address, so I gave them someone else's. About 10 singers stood on a stage set up behind a small road. For each decade in the 20th century, a car representing that period pulled up. Drivers, dressed in appropriate clothing for the era, hopped out and greeted the crowd as the singers talked briefly about the car and the decade. Seeing the classic cars was a lot of fun. (Someday when I have money to burn I'll hunt down a 1938 Packard--for me, it's the quintessential classic car.) After the parade, the choir loaded up into this huge Christmas tree and started singing carols.

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Hey! Wait a cotton pickin' minute - I've been cheated!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home