Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Sheridan's Baptism

Monday Sheridan told me that she had decided to be baptized Wednesday night. This afternoon Dana [my ex] called me with news of a family emergency in Henderson, and said she was taking Sheridan out of school and heading out tonight. She arranged for Sheridan’s baptism to be bumped up to today, and they had it at Dana’s church on her way out of town. By circumstance, I had skipped out on ConLaw so I could carshop, so I was almost home when she called. I met them at the church at 6:00 to be with Sheridan when she was baptized. There wasn’t a big service; apart from Sheridan, Dana and myself, there was only the assistant pastor, his wife, and a disinterested three-year-old. I bought her some white flowers and a movie.

Allstate called me and told me that my Mustang was officially a total loss and they estimated its value as $5600, minus a $500 deductible. Result? I’m getting back $5,100 for my car. I’m supposed to be able to find one just like it for the same price. Where do the Allstate people shop? ‘Cause I’m going there!

On the way home I stopped at a couple of dealerships and test drove an Alero (hey, it was cheap!) and a Monte Carlo. The Monte Carlo was too expensive, and the Alero has a terrible crash-test rating. Will start over tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home