Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Back in the Saddle Again

Wanting to get out from under my rental car, I decided to skip class again (Professional Responsibility & Federal Income Tax) and look for a car. Joe Myers Ford had a 2005 Mustang, the first one I’ve ever seen, and of course I sat in it. But they didn’t want to let anyone test drive it unless they were serious buyers. It was $22, red, automatic, and had the racing stripe “MUSTANG” across the bottom of the door. The “hump” between the seats was higher and wider than I’m used to, making it feel almost like a table. I didn’t like it. If it had been a standard, dark red, without the decal, then maybe!

Joe Myers Toyota had a 2003 Mustang with 30,000 miles, a standard in charcoal gray. He wanted 12K for it. Now I could get a convertible with leather for $16, but I didn’t really care about leather, and I wasn’t too sure I’d drive around with the top down too much in Houston. I never drive with the windows down, so I probably(?) wouldn’t drive with the top down. And that’s what I plan to keep telling myself, anyway! :-P

So I decided to go ahead and buy the ’03. Cue Aerosmith and the title of this post.

When I got home the house was hot. The AC wouldn’t turn on. Not even the circulating fan. Turned it off for a while, and then it came back on. Someone’s coming to look at it Friday afternoon.

They say the Chinese have a curse that says, “May you live in interesting times.” October is sure turning out to be an “interesting” month!

2 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO, no, you've got it all Wong! The curse goes, "May you riv in INTELESTING times." It just SOUNDS like 'Interesting'!
Yusuf

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.origamiboulder.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home