Friday, July 30, 2004

Law Review!

This morning at 10:43 my cell-phone buzzed during class with a 713 number. Since I don't know anyone in 713 outside of work numbers, I had a feeling it was the Law Review people, so I rudely excused myself from class and stepped in the hallway. "Hello, may I speak with John Sharp please?" Woo-hoo! A pleasant, professional-sounding voice on the speaker told me everything I'd been waiting a week to hear. She said I'd written one of the best entries in the competition and that I had a few days to decide if I wanted to commit to Law Review. I told her I didn't need to wait; I was in. I'm supposed to get a confirmation email and there's a reception in three weeks. (Yay!) To celebrate, Sheridan and I watched Teenage Drama Queen and What a Girl Wants while eating spaghetti and chocolate-chip cookies.

4 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, congratulations! I never doubted that you wouldn't make Law Review, but then again I've also been accused of being your biggest fan. :-P We'll celebrate it right in SA this weekend.

You're absolutely right, you're THE @#$%!!

Nora

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told ya. Congrats!
Yusuf

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger CyndyMW said...

Wahoo! Congratulations!

If there was ever any doubt, there shouldn't have been.

 
At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

Robbie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home