Tuesday, May 25, 2004

New Horizons Damascus

Omar took me to visit the New Horizons in Damascus. After having worked at New Horizons for almost eight and a half years, I've had opportunity to visit centers in Austin, Dallas, Seattle (Bellevue) and Boston. They're all pretty much the same, but this one is different. The first thing you'll notice is that the training center is in its own building, three stories high. There is a patio outside with a restaurant where students and instructors go for lunch or short breaks. Inside, the front desk attendants are all scarved, as were all the female instructors. Like the rest of the buildings in Damascus, this one isn't handicap friendly and there is no elevator. However, it's the only smoke-free building I've seen so far. Everything is tidy, even the A+ lab, and the equipment is up to date. In addition to computer classes, they offer business English taught by an American ex pat from New York. People there were friendly.

2 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger CyndyMW said...

You should have taken pictures.

"Welcome to the NH Houston monthly meeting for June. Before we complain about sales for the month, let's look at John's PowerPoint presentation about his visit to another NH training center."

Another observation: Many of the clients that I had at NH could have also used Business English. I'll call Dwight about getting my lesson plan ready.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger John said...

I did take pictures! I'm just not taking the time during my trip to try to set them up on the web. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home