Friday, May 21, 2004

Friday is Sunday

We slept in until 4:30 p.m. today, but I still have dark circles under my eyes. I don't think I'll ever get adjusted to the time zone difference. Curiously, Syria is on the same time zone as Istanbul. I expected an hour difference. I don't have to deal with a Turkish keyboard anymore; it's English but has red Arabic letters written in the corners of the keys. I don't really feel like I lost a day, because Omar says most places are closed. Later we're going out for coffe and ... should I call it a very late brunch? Many TV stations on digital satellite are in English with Arabic subtitles. American hip-hop is big here.

I found an article about the McDonald's bombing in Istanbul. If it makes anyone feel better, it was on the Asian side, and I wasn't staying on that side. That's curious; I would have expected it to be in Taksim. Anyway it doesn't worry me too much. In a city 4 times the size of Houston something like that is bound to happen once in a while.

1 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger CyndyMW said...

I heard that some other blogger wrote about the McDonald's bombing in her blog... :o)

http://cynthoughts.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home