Friday, June 16, 2000

Short Notice

My employer has been given the opportunity to present at a Brainshare event in Houston, and I have been selected for three one-hour presentations. Novell e-mailed the PowerPoint slides to my airhead GM. Here's the best part:

1) this was back in April and I am just now finding out.
2) the event is six days from today.
3) she lost the PowerPoint slides they sent her.

It doesn't get any better than this! I told her I didn't think this request was reasonable so late in the game. I stewed about it a while and since she was gone for the day I went to the sales manager and told him there was no way; I had too much other stuff to do. I also told him I didn't appreciate being volunteered for something at the last minute witout being asked first. He tried to pass the blame to a former employee who, he claimed, had also known about it at the time. Whatever.

Then he tried to "sell" it by saying it was a complement to me to be chosen for this because I have "a photographic memory," etc. I said regardless, it wasn't going to happen. What frustrates me the most about the whole thing is that they don't seem to understand that this is an unreasonable request.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home