Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Update on the Car

Allstate called me, finally. They have decided to total the car and write me a check. I kind of expected that. They are going to have it towed to their claims center and decide what they want to give me for it, and it will be Wednesday (a week from now) before they get back with me. I've heard of companies like Progressive coming out to the accident site and cutting a check right there. I will have waited almost two weeks to get mine. Unbelievable! I am renting a car now and it's not too cheap. Grr.

Oh, and it pisses me off that my full coverage for a six year old car costs as much as the vehicle did new. The insurance company's liability on a total loss is reduced each year along with the car's fair market value. The premiums should be prorated based on a depreciation index.

1 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that. Doesn't seem fair to me either.

Nora

 

Post a Comment

<< Home