Saturday, December 29, 2001

I got a phone call from Robin, a woman one of my students set me up with. She was nice enough but too fresh from her divorce. Every topic we discussed seemed to end back at “my ex-husband Roy’s a jerk, and here’s why.” So I’ve resolved not to call again.

I took Sheridan to have her nails done (and painted!). As far as I know, this was the first time she really “had her nails done.” The lady was nice and brought Sheridan over to a rack of colors. She selected a hot pink with red glitter and was delighted to have a big production made over her and her nails. She loved it and has been showing her nails off to everyone. Sadly, her joy has been overshadowed by the anticipation of her mother’s disapproval. Then we went to a production called “Rudolph Rides Again,” a play for kids out in Meyerland. Simple, cute, and perfect for kids. Lunch at Napoli’s Flying Pizza in Meyer Park. They had the Cartoon Network on TV and we watched the PowerPuff Girls. I was laughing harder than she was, much to the annoyance of our waitress. The hostess had brought her two-year-old daughter to work and she sat with us and watched cartoons for a while. Sheridan put on the ballerina outfit Cynthia gave her and watched Barbie’s Nutcracker movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home