Thursday, April 01, 1999

April Fools

Dan and I were flying back to Houston today and we played a prank on our supervisor, John. Dan called him from the airport in Denver and told him I'd gotten drunk on the flight from Seattle, fondled a waitress, and was now refused flight from Denver back to Houston. Dan asked whether to go on to Houston without me or leave me there. John was beside himself--he totally went for it. "Put him on the phone!" he roared. "Hi," I said. "Do you know what today is?" Long pause. "I'm gonna kill y'all!"

I tried to get ahold of the HR manager to tell her Dan had been carried off by airport security for talking back--it would have been totally believable--but we couldn't reach her and we had to get going or we'd miss our plane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home