Sunday, February 14, 1999

Valentine's Day

OK, it's my first Valentione's Day after the divorce. What should I do? Hmm... I know! I'll do my taxes!

This evening I decided staying at home would suck so I dressed up and went out for dinner. I went to the Old San Francisco Steakhouse first. As I pulled in and parted a valet came running up to the car. "Sir, you can't park here." Why? This is a parking place for the restaurant. "Yes, but it's reserved for valet." So you can park my car here but I can't? "That's right, sir." I friggin' hate valets! So I moved the car and walked inside. A waitress greated me. "How many?" One. An eyebrow goes up. "One?" she asked. I felt like I was in Steve Martin movie The Lonely Guy. You know that scene where he goes into a restaurant and asks for a table for one? Everyone stops eating and talking and the whole place stares at him. A spotlight comes on and follows him to his seat. Yeah, it was kinda like that. The steakhouse wasn't accepting normal orders--they had a set plate dinner for $40 a person. Already mad because of the valet thing, I left before I had an apoplectic fit. Dinner at the Macaroni Grill was normal price, thank you. And there we no valets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home